Originally Posted By: aham23
^^^^ yes and could you elaborate as to why a 106"/108" screen might be to big for my room?

i guess my first concern is getting the prewire done right once the basement framing is up. so i need a general idea where to run the PJ wires. the calculators give out a lot of info and somewhat confuse me.

thanks.

I didn't mean you didn't have the room for a 108" screen, I meant that you might not have room for dual centre channels (above and below).

I would suggest running wire to above the screen, and below the screen in case you want your VP150 above or below (as you don't know where you'll want it right now). Or have dual M2 centres.

If you want a 108" screen, according to the Calculator Pro at Projector Central for the Z4 (which will be the same as the Z5), they recommend mounting (the lens) from 10'10" to 12'10" to get good brightness on a 108" screen. However, you are able to mount as much as 21' away but your brightness will suffer.

If you can mount your projector (the lens) around 12' away from the screen, you will be good to go, and you will have good brightness for a 108" image.

How far away will you be seated? I sit around 10' from a 92" screen, I don't see any SDE at all. The Z5 is a good projector.

Producer | Composer
www.robbhutzal.com