When I first looked at getting some quality speakers, I went on all the wesbites to get opinions, Aperion was one of my leading choices. However, look at the frequency charts - the Axioms are superior - hands down. They are very nice looking speakers as well. They are actually custom vinyl cinnamon tone, but many people think they are real wood.

What is the size of your room? What receiver will you be using? I went with the bookshelves due to my room setup which did not really accomodate floorstanders, but combined with the EP500, I feel that I have not compromised fidelity and visceral impact in any way. Dialing in the sub is important, though to make everything blend in a balanced manner.

If you are up in the air about which to choose, why not purchase a set of two of your final choices and demo them in your own room. Your ears will tell the difference.

Edit: Just read the beginning of this thread - looks like a 12x21 room, which is slightly smaller than my 15x25 room. I play the system pretty loud, and there is lots more headroom to go higher. Make sure you have a good quality amp/receiver and you'll be fine. As to whether you would go with an M22 or M60, I think the folks here have stated that the M22 is slightly more detailed than the M60, with the M60 providing more bass. However, Allan Lofft posted sometime this year that the M22 added a significant bass boost when wall mounted - so that might tip the scales in the M22 favor. I'm not familiar with your sub, which needs to be factored into the overall equation.

Last edited by Nachosgrande; 01/26/08 04:24 AM. Reason: addt'l info

Epic Grande Master 500 w/ on wall VP180