Nice looking room. With 50"set maximum and if you could control lighting I would definately go with Plasma. I own a RPTV and love it, but at some point I know I will have to replace very expensive lamps on it. Also, I am diligent about not turning it on and off frequently to allow for proper cooling of the lamp. I'm also sure that the fan in it will probably not last the 60,000 hours that LCD and Plasma are rated for.

Plasma has a faster response time than most LCD, so if you watch sports and other fast moving scenes, or are an avid gamer, you will not notice any motion blurring. Then Plasma should be your focus.

LCD is slightly less costly to operate generally, but not significantly. Its main advantages are lack of glare from a protective screen and reduced risk of image retention. If not a big sports viewer and you cant control the lighting in the room, then LCD is what you should look at.

main advantage of RPTV is cost per square inch, and that isnt a big factor in a 50" TV. They are not much cheaper than flat panels in that size, unless you look at DLP or LCDRP. The LCOS sets from JVC or Sony are usually a bit more expensive.

Personally, I would go with a flat panel in that space and mount the 22's on the walls and get a VP150 for up top. If your motivation is related to space for entertaining, I have to admit that a nice flat panel looks nicer than my RPTV.

BTW, I'm not a Patriot hater, but constantly going for it on 4th and a couple yards in blowouts seems classless. I'm glad that I never had to watch Ron Meyer, Raymond Berry, Steve Grogan, Irving Friar or Moises Tuiasisopo ever be involved with that.