Since I have posted my comments on just about every other Audio Forum on the Internets :/, I thought it made some sense to post this here. There is not a lot of information regarding the A1400-8 save a couple of informal reviews and Jakeman’s excellent write up here. It is John’s review that prompted me to get the A1400 and after two problem units, I think he was wishing he had not made such a strong recommendation. Well, I’m here to say that I owe you big time John, despite the initial hiccups this amp is everything you said it would be and more. Here is my brief but enthusiastic post of my initial impression of the A1400-8.
 Quote:
The Axiom A1400-8 arrived Saturday. FedEx managed to NOT destroy this one and it took all of 20 minutes to set it up. Axiom feels that there may be an issue with the Audyssey processing so I level matched manually with my Integra DCT 9.8’s test tones and an RS meter and left the Audyssey EQ for later. In my treated room, I’m not convinced there is a noticeable benefit with Audyssey anyway.

I listened to some music, watched some DVD demo discs (familiar material) and a movie I hadn’t seen (Into the Wild) over the weekend. (BTW, Into the Wild is outstanding). Initial impression … I REALLY like what I’m hearing. This Axiom amp is more powerful than my Sunfire 400/5 and in addition to the bigger and more enveloping sound, I am hearing more detail and clarity with the Axiom. I’m searching for analogies and the only one I can come up with is it is more of a “High Definition” sound. I can see that for 2 channel applications people might prefer the organic (read colored) sound of tube amps, but in the digital world in HT applications, these new high current power on demand amps will rule. If you are in the market for a 7 channel digital amp for HT this one (IMHO) is a no brainer. With Axioms 30 day return policy your maximum exposure is shipping one way. Pretty low risk and my guess is you will not be sending this power house amp back.

Audioholics has the A1400-8 in their review cue. I am anxious to see if the A1400-8’s objective data supports my subjective listening impressions.
Here is pic of the amp in place. I love the fact that I can tuck this high powered cool running amp into such a small space. Large mono block amps would not work in my HT.