Originally Posted By: haylo75
Before settling on an M80 / Onkyo 805 combination, I highly recommend reading this thread I started last summer. In short, I returned the 805 and went with a separate amp (Axiom 1400-8) for my M80's. I know that's a huge step up, but forum users like terzaghi have had good luck running M80's with Denon AVRs.

Well, that was a good read. Kind of a bummer though, I must admit. I was really kinda sold on upgrading to the M80s and later in the year picking up an amp to run just those. However, it sounds like it would be a bad idea running the M80s on the Onkyo by itself for any amount of time.

I really like the sound and performance of the Onkyo and besides this issue with not being able to handle a 4ohm load I have had no issues with the receiever at all. Even if I did, right now it would probably be little to much to swing trying to upgrade both the receiver (+$400) and the M80s (+320), so I think I will be staying with the M60s. My room is small, around 2200 cubic feet, and I am sure the differeces are not earth shattering. At least that is what I am going to tell myself. Thanks again for yours and everyone elses response. This is really a great friendly place for info.

85" Class QN90A Samsung Neo QLED 4K
M80s-EP500-VP150-QS8s
Denon AVR-X4700H
Emotiva XPA-2
Emotiva XPA-5