Originally Posted By: OmahaBlu
Phase one complete....all the boxes arrived this morning already. I must be lucky with my local fedex, all the box are in good shape. Now time to hook up the 60s and check them out.

Ok..I know I am talking to myself, but here is the latest. First, after carrying in all the box into my basement from the garage my initial assement was in correct. These boxes are torn up, jeesh. A couple are missing complete little chunks. Good thing Axiom packs this stuff so well.

Ok, now the real info, the M60s. First off let me say even though they are just the Boston Cherry, these things sure look nice. A real step up from my old Polks. So, I hooked up the 60's and my iPod to the Onkyo. I played some Jack Johnson, followed by some Metallica. I have to say I am pretty impressed!!

Bass response seemed much better than I was expecting. Mids and highs seemed pretty crisp and accurate. I then hooked up my old Velodyne CT-100 and even with that sub they seemed to blend real well. If these sound this good, I can only imagine the 80s.

However, with how good these sound to me and considering room size and the fact I was wrong about the return window on the 805; I think I might be leaning towards keeping the 60s. The funny thing is the wife is still thinking I should get the 80s.

Go figure, I think she still thinks I may flip my stance in the long run. Maybe I will still get the 80s and get an amp later on. One thing for sure I would not look forward to packing these mosnters back up. Well for now I am going to jam some more tunes and work these out some more.

85" Class QN90A Samsung Neo QLED 4K
M80s-EP500-VP150-QS8s
Denon AVR-X4700H
Emotiva XPA-2
Emotiva XPA-5