Well, I originally signed up for the upgrade back in January when they ran a deal for existing customers. The deal was free HD tuner with DVR, and free installation, plus 6 months free HD programming (they only had the $20 package at the time, so it was all of their HD programming). I was required to pay $100 up front but would get $100 credit to my account after the installation. I asked about the 722, but it would have cost me $80 more that I would not get back.

After all of my troubles, I DID get the 722 because it was a hassle, but I had to cover $150 up front that they would credit me back. Also, the "deal" front January was "no longer in their system" so my $150 credit I need to ask them about, although it IS documented on my account. I also have to call about my $20 credit for the HD channels, which again is documented on my account. Basically, I get the same package deal, but with the 722 and no automated credits (I have to call each time) and I also got a ton of hassle... But holy crap, I just flipped to MHD (Music HD) and watched about 30 minutes of the Black Crows (don't really care about them) but it was impressive in both video AND audio. WOW!

So, keep checking with Dish on deals for existing customers. They don't happen every day, but I now know from experience that if you have ever had any issue with their service, and you can talk to someone a step above the customer service rep that answers the phone, you can negotiate with them.

Farewell - June 4, 2020