After my test tonight I'm almost convinced I've got a preout problem. I got my M22's and 150 in today. I hooked the M22's up to my Adcom 200 wpc and calibrated an SPL of 75 db at 0 on the volume. I then hooked the M22's up to the internal amp on the Yamaha and again checked SPL with the volume at 0. This time I got a value 0f 78 db. Yes the sound quality wasn't there, but it was noticibly louder. So tell me how going from a 200 watt Adcom to a 110 watt Yamaha receiver amp do you get an increase in volume by 3 db? It ain't right. I just had to do this last test and I think my mind's made up. I don't know if I'll have the courage to try another Yamaha, though. I will admit that the YPAO is really sweet. It brought out details the same way a good amp does. As far as getting good bass for movies, yeah I do, but with the SVS gain at half and the level at +4 in my 12 x 16 x 7 room. Another thing I don't like about the Yamaha is not being able to have different levels for different inputs. DVD's need the lowest setting, followed by CD's a little higher and then TV settings need to be even higher (with respect to the sub.) At least the rears can be adjusted through the soundfields. Anyone know of a way to measure the voltage on the preouts?