Quote:
Spoiler, the PB12 has a great thump to it that I would say is in that 60hz range as I lose it if I drop the XO to 40hz.

I just received the email the PB13 is now on its way

Great news! I'm eager to hear your impressions as well as Mojo's if and when you get to compare it to his EP600.

I'm intrigued by the fact that it has a parametric EQ built into it so that one has more control to be able to tweak its sound to whatever is desired. Since good quality bass response seems to be a highly subjective area, this is good thing.

Although the SMS-1 has been a welcome addition in evening out bass response in general, additional tweaking on my part didn't quite achieve what I like to hear, even though it wasn't 'accurate' bass response. There is some relief to hear that there are at least 3 other frequent posters here that can simply drop a cheaper sub nearly anywhere in their room and get that 'thump' , 'slam' ,quickness etc. instantly, with no extra intervention at all. I'm glad to hear I'm not alone in that respect.

I'm open to the possibility that I've missed something in tweaking after over 2 years of ownership, since I really want an outstanding subwoofer like the EP500 to work for me fully. I love the extreme low end of the sub... no complaints at all.

I understand that enjoying more 'thump' means that I may be sacrificing accuracy in some audiophiles eyes, but achieving what I want to hear has been tough. I'd like to do it with more tweaking, but I must admit my options are open right now.

Epic 80 / SVS PB13 Ultra
Denon 3805 / M2200 Outlaw Monos /
Sammy 55" LED