Originally Posted By: Sovkiller
NOOOO!!! According to Alan, the M60's will be the same as the M80's in that regard, as they basically share the same signature in the sound, the M22 is the worst of the three regarding the tolerance ofbad recordings, ask them if you like, but if you are considering apair for the fun sake, the M50's will be the ones, not the 60's....

Actually Sov that was my experience with M22, M60 and the M80, as I have already gone through the comparison process. I know Axiom likes to maintain that the M60, M22 and M80 have similar sonic signatures but only at reference volumes IMO, and even then there is still a slight difference. I find the M22 to be deadly accurate and very forward followed by the M80 as being forward but much fuller sounding with the larger drivers and cabinet, followed by the M60 where the vocals /upper end seemed to be slightly recessed compared to the other 2.

Now the M3 is a different beast altogether the upper end has taken a back seat to the lower mids and bass giving it a more laid back sound, all them are still nicely detailed, but I found I had to listen harder to hear the vocals and upper mids on the M3 and even to a certain extent on the M60s, more so at lower volumes on the M60 than at reference levels as the M60 at reference levels opens up and does sound similar to the M80.

As you say you prefer the sound of the M3, I think you will be very happy with the M50, although that is the one speaker I have not heard.

Jason
M80 v2
VP160 v3
QS8 v2
PB13 Ultra
Denon 3808
Samsung 85" Q70