I don't know what the general consensus of the forum is about that topic, and what kind of experience you have on that, and I know the psychological burn in also exist, and placebo effect, and voodoo, and all this, and sorry if this has been discussed before, but you are wrong on that.

Mechanical burn in is a proven fact in many circles, the spiders and the moving parts of the driver, loosen up with the use from the out of the box stiffness to some extend, while changes are less and less noticeable, same as any driver...I have experienced that in heapdhones with two pairs, one brand new, and one used, several times, the out of the box one sounded different, with time and use, they both get to sound identical, to the point of you can not distiguish either one later on, that happen to me several times with heapdhones, with bigger drivers the same happen, same as a new car, after some time it works better...

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!