Originally Posted By: terzaghi
FYI, i wasn't trying to sound hostile in my post- I just think that leaving pink noise tests constantly running is a little extreme. My m80's sounded perfect straight out of the box!

Mine has not to me, and now I feel it sounds better, maybe I got used to the new presentation, that is one importnat factor that I never ruled out, but there are certain level of details that was not present before, running the same recordings, that I hear them now...they sound like more natural to me...But hwat do we know???

Originally Posted By: Mojo
There is no question break-in occurs. Research has shown this to be true. However, what is at issue is whether or not the break-in is audible. From the break-in research "papers" that I have read, the electro-mecahnical differences, although they may appear vast, would never be discriminated in ABX testing.

IMO not all drivers change the same way, all depends of the materials used, and manufacture technics, and time of testing, if you torture an speaker 3 days before shipping it, chances are that they are more closer to their final state than others out of the box...

No doubt that getting older is madatory, but to mature still remains optional...Join the M80's team!