I agree with Bren in some ways but from a different direction. While the freedom to vote is truly a right, an honor and holds insurmountable value, I myself had a lot of trouble deciding who to vote for in our recent Canadian federal election.

I consider myself to be fairly well versed in the issues, party histories and their plans for the future. However, without getting drug into a conversation regarding my thoughts on each party, I could not bring myself to supporting any of the four major parties (of which only two, maybe three, are normally federal contenders.)

I had strong disagreements with each of the parties platforms and most of all, I had even more serious problems with the some of the serious behaviors and scandals that both of the two main contenders have been involved in recent years while in power.

So I tried to approach it by identifying the lesser of several evils. I still could not find a way to do so.

A percentage of people this year voted for "The Green Party" (a party based on eco-friendly choices) as a sign of a new found distaste for their traditional choices but I personally do not believe in voting for a party that I don't honestly support, just out to prove a point. Actually, the Green Party is the only party I feel comfortable talking about. I'm an eco-sensitive kind of guy but this party is not yet ready to run a country. Maybe someday...

So, in short, I struggled in my head right down to the last hours of the poll openings, but in the end I did note vote this year. I honor the men and women who died to protect my right to vote, but my consciousness would not let me cast a random ballad just for the sake of doing so.

With great power comes Awesome irresponsibility.