Originally Posted By: Ajax
I am so sick of the length of the campaigns, due mainly to the disgusting tactic of candidates, and their supporters, devoting most of their time to telling us why we shouldn't vote for the other guy, rather than telling us why we should vote for them. This year it reached a new low by actually attempting to demonize the other guy with half truths, innuendo, and flat out lies, and I'm not referring to just the Presidential candidates. I'm sick and ashamed of it. YMMV.

I was comparing this voting "season" (which IS too long for my tastes) to those "I'm a Mac. And I'm a PC." ads.

I am not a Mac guy at all, but I really find those ads entertaining. They are very slick advertising and whomever came up with them should be congratulated, I guess. But they never really tell you how a Mac is better than a PC. They are just pointing out half truths and slinging mud about the PC world (right now bashing Vista for all of its "issues", yet I have the most *volitile* version and have ZERO problems). Both sides of the campaign did this mud-slinging and half truths. Obama's marketing team just did a lot "slicker" job of it. Of course, the Democratic party can sure pick some very "eloquent" speaking candidates, so that helps.

Heck, even big time Bush tormentor Frank Caliendo (who I find very funny) did a Clinton impression where he just finished picking on Bush, and then said something like:

"Bill Clinton is smooooth... If Bill Clinton were here, he could stand right here on stage, in front of all of you and say quite plainly, 'I am not here.' and you'd believe him."

Maybe the Republican party can work on some speaking lessons and find a younger, better looking person next time around. While I know that didn't decide the vote for most, I did read a poll where some people stated that they just couldn't stand to look at "another old man" as president. It just shows how important looks play into something like this, just like it does in non-political areas.

Farewell - June 4, 2020