To resurrect an old thread, I thought I'd update you guys that I ended up purchasing the feature upgrade a little over a week ago. I reran the Audyssey calibration Friday and have been listening to it since.

I have to agree with what others posted above, it really is an impressive update. I find the Dynamic EQ makes the audio at all volumes seem more full and rich (cliche terms I realize, but it's the best way I can describe it).

Contrary to every Audyssey calibration I've done before this upgrade, I also feel that it improves bass response in my room. Before this, I always ended up turning Audyssey off because I felt that it cut too much bass from the system. I now prefer the Audyssey sound for everything I've listened to thus far. The bass level seems to be very well-matched with the rest of the speakers at all volumes. It provides for very smooth bass that just plain sounds awesome. I'm enjoying the 600 all over again. \:\)

Dynamic Volume is also nice when watching TV, but not nearly as impressive as Dynamic EQ.

For $100, it's more than worth it.

Jason

Epic 80-800: HG Cherry