Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
Almost four years ago, I asked in Part V of my "Mother of all Posts" about the "Loudness" button and what ever became of it:

"What happened to "Loudness" controls? Don't human ears perceive Bass and Treble differently at lower volumes anymore, or was that never the case? I don't see that button or receivers or pre/pros anymore…. "

I think it's a bit funny that the Denon offers that as it's main feature in a $100 upgrade! Is there at least a switch on the front to engage it or a remote-enabled switch for it?

Don't get me wrong, I've always loved the "loudness" buttons for when I wanted to play something softly and didn't want it to sound thin, it's just funny to me that it came back as an extra-cost option! \:\)

Next up: a $75 option to switch your FM tuner to Mono for weak stations!

Hey you kids, get off my lawn!

Chris (CTO of Audyssey) explained it pretty well on AVS forum. But suffice to say, it's not just a bump in the wire for LFE to make it louder. If that were the case, I could do it with my sub's volume knob! \:\)

Oh, and it's remote capable on/off. Dynamic EQ really does make bass sound better.

--
Denon 4520, EPIC80/500/VP180 Speakers