Here we go again, actually time to get serious since what’s the point of ripping thousands of tracks if you don’t do anything with them. Well this thing actually makes it easy to get real value out of what’s being ripped. I just started listening from the beginning deleting keeping and occasionally editing tracks. If a song sounded really interesting I just select to filter by artist. Listen to several songs and decide this artist is worth more investigation so right click and add to music finder. Uncheck the filter and your back to stepping through the main list.

No double rips from the Radio. I’ve selected for it to only keep the best copy. However, MusicFinders rips are more problematic so it’s instructed to keep any rips that differ my more than 10 seconds. Neat because it’s finding many different versions of the same songs.

I’ve already found 4 artists whos CDs I plan to order Ai Otsuka, Angela Aki, Hayami Kishimoto, and Hayashibara Megumi and about 10 more who I‘m interested in but waiting for more rips to see. It’s been particularly good at finding album art from these artists so I even know which CDs to get.

Also figured out Yoko Kanno who I knew did “Green Bird” from Cowboy Bebop but didn’t know he composed the music for Ghost in the Shell SAC and 2ndgig including the themes. 3 more CDs to buy.

Also figured out how to further customize the Radio search. There are 3 buttons that can be activated simultaneously which can refine the stations/artists monitored and ripped besides what’s already being looked for in the MusicFinder. The favorites button prioritizes rips from one of the favorites list you make. You can also enable “Taste in Music” and it will also search for the artists in and similar to those in your MusicFinder wish list. You can further specify a genre to stay within. Also figured out why no Japanese stations were showing up. In the Radio>Options>Filter “Suppress Far East Stations” is enabled by default (those bastards) so now a much broader selection of Jpop is showing up.

I wanted an mp3 of “I want candy” by the Strangeloves but mp3videorapter couldn’t find one so knowing Youtube had one I enabled the video search found it but before downloading opened the advanced tab. Selected “audio only” and “mp3” for the format. It will automatically convert 2 copies so selected FLAC for the second one. Also enabled keep original for comparison. A couple minutes later and 3 Strangelove tracks are waiting. Hard to tell the quality of the conversion from video to audio because the original sounded like crap but they did sound the same.

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1