Originally Posted By: MarkSJohnson
The funny thing is, it's not spending the money that's giving me pause, it's the fact that I would have to replace my Bell'O glass-shelved rack (because it's only rated for 50lbs per shelf) and possible electrical concerns.

OK, electrical question for the experts:

I currently have ALL of my equipment on one outlet through a Belkin unit.

Does adding an amp like this increase demands for A/C power (due to various efficiencies or more power supplies) over running a receiver alone?

Or, is it one of those situations where, if I was running the system at 95dB, it doesn't really matter if the watts necessary to achieve that volume are all drawn from the receiver or split between a receiver and an amp?

The answer might determine a purchase, because I wanted to replace that rack at some point anyway....!

You would need to add all the power consumption ratings on all you equipment and divide by 120 to get amps drawn. If you are with the limit on that breaker you should be good. One thing you could do is build a nice amp stand that would sit on the floor.

Rick

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud