OK, good discussion and of course as with all enthusiasts...confusing to one such as me trying to decide. Dang it, I'm inclined to go all out and get the M80's, but I would need to upgrade my receiver. Alan suggested the Denon 2309. My bedroom is about 1925 sq feet and there isn't a lot of room to give the M80 speakers space away from the wall, both from the side and behind...how would they sound so confined? Would it still be better to go with the M22's given those limitations? I suppose I could always upgrade to the 80's if I moved the system into a bigger room, but all my activity in terms of listening is in my bedroom. I don't necessarily listen all high reference levels, but just enough to give me some impact without disturbing the neighbors (I had my bedroom fitted with sound proof windows so I could listen at higher levels and also feel free to play music at 2:00 am). I was impressed with Peter's comments regarding the realism of YoYo Ma's cello sound...that's what I want but in such a small room perhaps the 80's would be too much for me to benefit. Also, When I had the house built, I had home theater wiring installed. However aside from the subwoofer outlet all the speaker outlets are in the ceiling front and rear, probably not the ideal. Any comments if this setup can used effectively used...probably not with Axioms I would guess? My thanks to you from a long-time listener, but a true neophyte to the world of high tech sound....Lee