Originally Posted By: kcarlile
I dunno, Dave, after seeing your room, I'm not sure I want you to see my (extremely) humble abode...

I'd not worry about the amplification for now; you can always add an amp later if need be. My M80s run off of a H/K 75 WPC receiver.

Ken,
I have a funny story that relates. I moved here 5 years ago from the Blossom Valley area of San Jose where I lived for 18 years. It was a standard 3/2 house built in '72 that had never really had much of any updating. When I was looking here in Discovery Bay,some friends in my Ski club pointed me to another couple in the ski club that I did not know who was selling their house (this one). They had done all the remodeling. taken out walls, new kitchen, floors etc. When My wife and I saw it we went nuts. But now the funny part... I had a family gathering here. My sister-in-law, who is the sweetest person, burst out with: David, this is WAY TO NICE FOR YOU!" I said: "I KNOW, ISN'T IT GREAT?" Moral to the story is we got VERY lucky. Someone from up above was smiling on us that day!

Good to know on your amp and the M80's! Adam mentioned he and Peter knew you and that you are expecting very soon. A big congratulations papa! I now understand your hesitancy for an audition. \:\) Adam may come knocking on your door if he gets booted out because some wacko from the forums blasted out the neighbors last Thursday during a demo. ;\)

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."