Quote:
At the end of the day I’m just being a perfectionist because I can. The VP150 is IMO as good a dedicated center speaker at blending with the mains it’s designed for as any other I’ve heard. And the vast majority of people would notice any difference especial the farther one sits from the speakers as that allows them to blend together better.

I am a perfectionist too, as it may show with the level of detail and pictures I post. AND I'll have you know, the diagram is darn tootin' to scale! (1/4" = 1' on the original) Who in their right (OCD) mind would do it any other way!!! Big LOL \:D

[quote]Assuming your picture is fairly to scale I would start by trying the single QS8 at the blue dot and the dual QS8s at the red dots. Here symmetry around the listening position is probably most important. And don’t worry about reflection with the QS8s as they are designed to take advantage of them to enhance the surround effects.

The QS8s are actually very easy speakers to place I only suggest that you experiment with their positioning because it sounds like you want to get the most out of your system and that’s the best way to do it.[/quote)

For your 'BLUE' 6.1 dot: I'll try both, but would your guess be mtd at end of counter at ear ht. -OR- mtd at ceiling peak (where it's distance back is moveable) might be better?

For your 'RED' 7.1 dots:
where you have them would make them approximately 11' apart, 4 1/4' behind list. pos., SBL aprx 4' from cabinets and SBR aprx. 6 1/4' from uncovered sliding glass door on rt. wall.

Tks,

Last edited by davekro; 03/02/09 10:16 PM.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."