Originally Posted By: chapin99
Sorry - forgot to mention - the buzz is coming from the amp itself, not the speakers. Have reported all to emotiva and am waiting for some help from them. I appreciate the help in isolating the problem and will have to invest some time in this or invest in packing in up to send back. The connections are good (took my time in setting it up), but I have to move all the furniture back out to remove component after component. I have plugged it in different places and tried a cheater plug on it, but no change. Just now trying to see if it might just be one or more of the modules or what. Anyway, thanks for your help.

At this point in my ignorance/frustration, I think I am more interested in opinions on the value of amps with this system and the matching of amps to this system and perhaps any suggestions on a different way to go like a dedicated analog preamp with some sort of HTbypass and incorporating just a two-channel amp. Of course that may not help my sacd's/dvd-a's multichannel, sound better. Just asking as I should have on the front end - but I tend to learn by experience and learn well! Thanks for continued insight if you have some regarding this system and what I was hoping for.
Laura

Is this the amp with modules, each module with it's own tranformer?

Try pulling out modules to see if the buzzing stop. It may be just one module.