My wife and I have run into our usual disagreements on where to put the surrounds (QS8's x4) in our work in progress basement, supposed "man-cave",(deep-sigh). I have to agree with StuntGibbon, as well as the majority of QS8 owners here, these surrounds are amazingly forgiving with placement. I feel confident that if i can find a reasonable place, maybe not ideal for placement they will work just fine.

Due to the usual basement limitations for location/placement in our last residence, my QS8's were in some cases, too high, too low, too far back, and too far forward (that's all four I think) and they sounded great regardless. When, however, the movie called for the sound to move sequentially around you, thats exactly what you heard. Not in a localized segmental fashion, but in a natural ambient flow of sound that just seemed natural and full. For (my favorite) music/video concerts, the concert hall sensation was there, including people coughing and talking around me, to the clinking of ice in a glass being prepared at the bar. Great stuff.

I'm confident that where ever I place these speakers, within reason, they will not disapoint.

"Never, never, never give up "... Winston Churchill