Originally Posted By: Zimm
At some point, you have to compare the M80 to M60 without subs, at FULL RANGE. All this 80hz cut-off business is nice, but fact is, if you want to compare two speakers you have to let them do it on their own. I expect you are actually handicapping the M80 as it should go lower, but I'm curious.

Charles,
Crap, I was assuming I was listening to 60/80's full range by listening in direct mode. Waaaah. I just went into menu for direct mode, changed from basic (which had sub on w/80Hz x-over...crap.) to Custom. In Custom I turned sub off. D'OH!

Thanks Charles for that catch. They are so many setting I have never adjusted before and don't know what affect what (but learning as I go with y'all's help. ;o).

Hmmmn.... Funny before posting this I was going to listen a bit at the new settings (Direct Mode SW off). I just realized the 1909's display on the right showed 2 ch (no sub), when I had been listening in 'Direct' mode before the (just now change)! Still shows same 2 ch output of course. I wonder if, even though the sub was not playing, if 'Direct' (Basic) actually did cut fronts off below 80Hz, or if all settings were somehow ignored? ?

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."