I've had everything running most of the weekend and everything looks great, although I've only been listening to tv so I haven't been pushing them. It is sitting inside a glass enclosed cabinet and is running warm but not hot, so I don't see any reason the Onkyo 607 couldn't handle higher levels without issue.

Just some negatives, mostly just nit picking on my part so it should detract anyone from this unit...

1. I like the front displays better on the Denon's and Harman Kardon's. The Onkyo's just seem very simple.

2. There isn't an external 120v outlet on the back of the Onkyo. I had one on my HK so I could run an external fan to keep it cool. It would be really nice to have that so when I turn the receiver on, it also turns the fan on. I have to figure something out there.

3. The OSD only works through an HDMI connection. This seems odd not to be able to do through a component or composite connection. Without hdmi, the setup has to be done thru the front display screen. This will only be annoying until I get the new tv and PS3 into the setup.

4. I'd swear the Onkyo sounds a little brighter than the HK I replaced. I have the crossover settings the same as before and could swear it sounds slightly different. Maybe it's just my imagination.

Can someone explain this setting on the Onkyo? The LPF of LFE setting? It can be set to 80hz, 90hz, 100hz or 120hz. What exactly is the purpose and what would the ideal setting be? I haven't seen this type of setting on the Denon's and HK's.

Shag