While I have to admit that I've never actually heard an EP350, I still feel I could find better ways to spend $800 dollars than on one 350 watt sub. I'm not trying to crack on Axiom here, I'm sure the 350 sounds great. However when I was on a stricter budget I would have wanted more than 350 watts worth of bass for that amount of money.

For example I once had two down firing subs in my basement... a JVC 300 watt 13 inch thumper, and my Cerwin Vega 210 watt 12 incher. Combined I had about $500 dollars in these two subs, and let me tell you they shook my eyeballs right out of my head when you put them together. Unfortunately the JVC developed a problem, and I ended up trading it to another friend of mine after getting it fixed for some motorcycle stuff or something. While it was gone I decided the 210 watt Cerwin Vega did a good enough job all by itself keeping up with the rest of the audio gear I had.

It couldn't ever hope to keep up with what I have now, all by itself. But I still think I could find a lot more bass for $800 dollars than what the EP350 could give me. I might give it a shot, but it sounds to me as if Jay might be a little more frugal than that. And I think he could probably find a lot of bass for around $500 bucks elsewhere. But that's just me.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD