Trust me Scott (are you by chance the same Scott64 from eSportbike?), once you get the M80's home and hook them up you will completely forget how much you paid for them. Even at $5000 dollars a pair these speakers would be well worth every penny! The QS8's are equally as good a value as the M80's. And they are right, the M80's will keep your bass needs fulfilled quite nicely, expecially with music, so go for the center channel next.

My next bit of advice may draw some flack around here, but IMO Axiom subs are quite expensive, too much so for the average consumer. So myself I wouldn't blame you at all for going with an SVS or similarly lower price/bigger bang unit than having to settle for an EP125. Even dual EP125's are not going to be able to give you as much thump as a competing brand would be able to give you for the money.

I had the money to buy the EP800, and I'm very happy with it. And once my replacement speaker comes I'm sure I will be head-over-heals about it. but in my personal opinion, if you can't afford at least an EP500, I would probably look at other brand options to fill your bass needs. I just honestly think you can spend your money more wisely than with the sub-500 series Axiom subwoofers.

The rest of Axiom's speaker line performs well above their price point though. Just wait until you hear those M80's!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD