Originally Posted By: JohnK
Scott, just to point out that the "7.2" is at best just a minor convenience factor and shouldn't have been a significant factor in a purchase. There's still only one .1 sub channel and this is simply an internal splitter that provides two outputs of that one channel. The same result can be achieved with any receiver having a sub output by plugging in an external splitter that might run $2-$3.
Yeah, I know. That shouldn't have been a deciding factor. I didn't even know it was an internal switch (good info). And paired with the receiver getting some really good "best bang for the buck within it's price point" reviews, I thought I'd do well to pick one up while they were on sale at http://www.electronicsforless.ca. And maybe it would have been sufficient with different speakers.

By no means am I saying the combination sounds bad, I'd just like to be able to reach higher volumes and still have the speakers sound the way they're supposed to sound.

Is there a sub-$1000(CAD) receiver that will do these speakers some actual justice at reasonably high volumes? If so, I might pull the trigger on one and kijiji the 607.

Last edited by Scott64; 07/10/09 02:51 AM.