Hello Nick.Yes indeed that's what I was told by the sales person who sold me the system and my HDTV. They even sold me the extended warranty on the TV for $599 for I think 4 years or maybe five and I don't remember how much I paid for the warranty for the 1400. At any rate, I was happy with my purchase till I found out what the real price of the receiver was. Hmmm now I'm wondering was the tv also on sale like the salesman claimed when I bought it? Well, Nick I'm leaning towards the axiom speakers right now and you mentioned that I can probably get a package deal through them. Also enlighten me some more on the M22i's instead of the floor speakers that I really like. Are they better in viewing movies compared to the floor speakers? Oh by the way, the sub woofers you mentioned are really good as per my reading on them. I'm really doing all my research cause once I get them, I don't intend to send them back. They are heavy and I don't have anybody to help me repackage them and drag them back to the ups office which is about 30 miles away from me. Thanks for all the help guys and if you any more suggestions please let me know. I will return the 1400 and get it cheaper somewhere else if John can tell where.