Lots of things, Isabel. I'm not terribly impressed by the sales tactics of your "good guys". Forget extended warranties. Consider the return if you have 30 days.

Plenty of internet sites(check Yamaha 1400 on Google)sell the 1400 for prices in the $600 area. The specific place I had in mind was 6th Avenue Electronics(6ave.com)which is an authorized Yamaha dealer, but not for online sales. So the routine is that you call by phone(often you talk with "Joe") to make the buy, rather than doing it online. The deal is that they give you the 1400 for the same $529 price they have advertised for the old 1300(out of stock)when you ask. This deal may only be for a short time. They charge you 6 cents shipping(can't figure out the connection). They're shipping the latest version with the new Dolby Pro Logic IIx, which processes two and five channel recordings into seven channels(although you won't have the seven speakers needed for the full effect). Older versions of the 1400 and 2400 are being upgraded to DPLIIx at no charge.

As far as the speakers go, I suggested the M60s because you specified towers, but I personally prefer smaller speakers and use the M22s myself. You won't go wrong either way.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.