First off, very nice room/equipment!

Second, ever consider keeping the speakers and upgrading the WAF? ;\) Can’t find a way to buy her off on this one…second honeymoon…gotta be something.

Originally Posted By: Shaun

I dont think you can install the W22's upside down, right? Since they snap into the mounting frame from the top)

I don’t see why not. I’m sure you could come up with something to hold them in place. Might want to give Axiom a call and see if they have any suggestions. I’ve used M22 upside down on top of my M80s before and even an M80 upside down on top of my TV to keep the tweeters from being 7 feet high and it worked great. As long as it’s vertical I would go with whichever orientation keeps the tweeters closest to ear level.

Originally Posted By: Shaun

but the wife wants the speakers off the ground

Hang the suckers from the ceiling, or build small shelves where you plan to mount the W22s and set your current main upside down on top of them and tell her how much money you saved by not buying new speakers. Ok, now we’re learning why I’m not married anymore. ;\)

Seriously, the W22s should be perfect for your situation. The only question is if you like the way Axiom speakers sound and based on other things you’ve said it seems like you will. As you already are aware you’re going to take a big hit in sound quality and imaging by doing this so it might take some getting use to no matter what brand of speakers you buy.

Cheers,
Dean

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1