Ha, Cambridge Soundworks Newton series surrounds eh? Cool, you are the only other person I've met here that also had these speakers. When I had my fire these speakers literally melted from their positions. Actually Cambridge Soundworks has changed quite a bit since I first bought from them. I had two kinds of surrounds from them. The Newtons sat directly beside the main seating position. And I had 4 square, dipole surround speakers placed behind the seating area. At the time I really thought my HT system sounded terrific!!!

So after the fire I was planning on going with a complete Cambridge Soundworks HT, but they no longer carried their towers with the built in power subs on the side (I thought they looked like the SHIT back in the day), so my internet hunt began... this is when I stumbled across the M80's.

Needless to say the QS8's blow the doors off the Newtons in a shocking and complete fashion. Absolutely no contest. And while I haven't heard the M2's, I have not a doubt in my mind they will also do a better job, as the Axioms are in another realm of audio performance from the Cambridge Soundworks. Good choice!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD