Originally Posted By: CV

Statements like that make me want to have both kinds of speakers set up as surrounds, maybe have them on some kind of switch so I can change where the surround info is routed depending on content. Is anyone actually already doing that?

I have many SACDs and DVD-As and used my Denon to A/B compare my QS8s and M22s. On some studio recordings like DSOTM the M22s kept up with the QS8s and in a few cases might have sounded better but it certainly wasn‘t a slam dunk. On the majority of my 5.1 material which is live concert/club recordings the QS8s beat the crap out of the M22s for sounding more realistic. This is just my experience in just one room but it was so convincing to me that I have no intention to retest this again in my house.

Also note that my QS8s are on Axiom stands and not wall or ceiling mounted so pans are level and I can angle them to get the side/rear soundstage right. I did prefer the M22s on stands over QS8s mounted a couple feet above ear level for most studio recordings. Though the QS8s still won mounted up high for the ambient sounds of a venue.

That said, some people prefer direct radiating speakers especially for music and even for movies. I would never say they are wrong and think this is a perfect excuse for you to pick up a set of M22s and report back. ;\)

3M80 2M22 6QS8 2M2 1EP500 Sony BDP-S590 Panny-7000 Onkyo-3007 Carada-134 Xbox Buttkicker AS-EQ1