Originally Posted By: ivorm
Hi guys,

I' m looking into buying some Axiom speakers for my first setup. I've been looking at the M60's and maybe building from there to get a full 5.1 or 7.1. I figure I might look elsewhere for the sub as I feel I may get more for my buck but I don't know.

My real question is does anyone have an opinion of another set of mains I'd be able to hear in store to get a feel for what the M60's would be like? I've been to a few places around the city (Halifax) and we seem to have brands like Paradigm, klipsch, PSB, monitor, polk, mordaunt short and probably a few others. We also have FS and BB as well.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Ivor

I have M80’s. I have not heard M60’s, although I suspect they are similar. Having said that……….

The speaker that I think has the closest sound to the M80 is the Paradigm Studio 100. The 100’s are slightly more laid back than the 80’s. If you listen to the 100’s and like the way they sound, chances are pretty good that you’ll like the M60 or M80. The other speaker that sounds somewhat like the M80’s is the B&W 704. I don’t know if they still make them or not, but again, if you like the 704’s, you’ll probably like the M60 or M80.

Keep in mind that these are just my impressions. I have not ever heard any of these side by side, which is the only ‘real’ way to make an accurate comparison.

Have you asked Axiom of there is anyone in your area with Axioms that you can listen to? I bet there is.