Before I bought my Ax's, I was looking at another line of speakers(designed in Canada/made offshore). There were only a small handfull of write-ups on these particular speakers, as they were fairly new to the market, although their parent company has been around for decades. Anyway, the "list price" on the towers were around $1200pr CN, most dealers were selling them for anywhere from $699 to $899...one store was willing to sell me a pair for $400. Talk about fluctuating prices! Obviously, anytime a deal looks "too good", you need to exercise a lot of caution when considering a purchase. It doesn't mean that it's not a good product necessarily, because new companies especially are out there to establish themselves and may offer better deals initially.

I've seen this, even with established companies who are expanding their product line into other areas, they'll offer amazing deals initially to get people interested esp. if there is some very established competition in that area. It's always better to let someone else be the guinea pig though, if there are no decent reviews on the product in question.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.