Originally Posted By: Murph
Mark also has a point, although you don't have to quiet as devious. My wife was very negative about buying floor standing speakers even after we built the larger home. Until she heard them.

She still pretends to have no interest in good audio but a personal victory for me was one time she returned from visiting her Mom and they tried to watch a movie on her TV and just the built in speakers. She started explaining to me how hard it was to watch the movie because it sounded so bad.
WIN!!!

Worst case scenario, she can go have a chat with my wife about how silly we are. I'm sure my wife would enjoy that.

Could not have said it better!! I bought the M60's earlier this summer after auditioning the Studio 60's. Best decision that I have made in years. Wife was the same.....HOW BIG are they? Won't they be obtrusive? Won't they Stick out too much? Blah, Blah, Blah. I finally found a Mark Kopfler CD (not Ragpicker) and put it on. She was not in the listening area - but close. Bout 7 tracks into it, I paused it and she said Hey! I was enjoying listening to that! WIN!. We came back from our beach trip where the only speakers were the TV speakers. First thing we watched after returning - comment was "OH...that sounds different" WIN!.....She won't say better - that has to be the assumption.

"A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject" Churchill