Ivor, it's too bad you didn't let us know your boss had to ok this ;\) otherwise we would have told you to get the M80s and let her talk you "down" to getting the 60s \:D .

Ok, seriously, the M22's have been noted by many on the forums here that when used with a sub they provide a similar sound envelope to the M80s, so I'm sure they will make you happy and if you ever wanted to go to floorstanders in the future you could integrate these as either rears in a 7.1 system or use them in another zone/room.

The Paradigms shouldn't be too hard to locate for you, perhaps less so, the B&Ws and as for the Veritas, I'm not sure if they make them anymore....I couldn't locate any at all early this year, and I live 20 miles from their Markham office.(I could be wrong though).

So you could, in fact, say that M80s/similar to/Pdigm Studio 100/similar to/M22+Sub....the M80s and Studios will go very, very loud(if wanted) where the M22's will go loud.

I haven't heard any B&W speakers but by many accounts, they are similar to the Axiom sound albeit at a higher fee.

I think you'd be very happy with the M22s, just remember you may need to add the price of stands to your purchase to get them up off the floor. If you consider this, it narrows the price down some compared with towers. I'm not sure if someone told you about the 10% FO discount or the 5% HT discount as well.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.