Originally Posted By: Adrian
Check out this tv site . If you scroll down the left side you can see lists of all the TV shows from different decades. It's amazing how many of these shows I (vaguely) remember, mostly from the mid 70's on up, for me anyway.

OY! Now I REALLY feel old! The "decades" list starts with the 1940s and I remember watching nearly all of the shows listed in that decade....only because they were still on in the 1950s. We got our first TV in 1951.

I was raised on black and white media (our first color set was purchased around 1960). As the copyrights on Black and white movies of the 30s and 40s would expire, they often were telecast which is why I'm still such a huge fan of the movies of those decades. Even if newer color movies were broadcast (which the movie industry rarely permitted due to being terrified that TV would kill the movie business) we got them in black and white. Needless to say the dramatic change from B&W to color in The Wizard of Oz had little impact on me until 1960. So, not only does black and white stuff not bother me in the least, I'm actually drawn to it (nostalgia?).

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton