Originally Posted By: Adrian
Jack, maybe you're drawn to black & white movies/shows because they were actually entertaining and well acted by classically trained and talented people....like "Attack of the Giant Leeches" (1959) \:D

Seriously, I was born in the 60's("19"-60's, before Mark makes a joke!) and I really enjoy a lot of the b&w movies and shows, I guess some of it's nostalgia, but they're just fun to watch and entertaining, which really is why we watch isn't it?

LOL! Well, the leeches aside (every decade has a lot of really terrible movies), I agree with the entertaining and well acted part. I am reluctant to try that approach with younger folks simply because I fear things (the world) have changed so much they are unable connect with the acting/humor/culture of the old movies. Perfectly understandable if they can't.

Watching the culture/moral attitudes/manners change as one's life progresses is both interesting and saddening. I think if one lives long enough the world changes into something unfamiliar and unsatisfying. Makes it easier to face one's own death.

I can remember my mother (born 1912), during the sexual revolution of the 1960s and 1970s, wistfully looking out our front window and sadly sighing "they changed the rules on us."

I suppose the day will come when the culture will have changed so much that the movies of the 30s and 40s, which I so love, will simply not resonate with the current population. Fortunately, for me, I won't be around to see it.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton