In reply to:

Many long months ago I had a few people telling me that power is power and should not sound any differently. They further went to say that my (then sold) 2 yr old flagship Rotel receiver 2 x 125w would sound no differently than my (then sold) 18 yr Bryston 2 x 125w. I beg to differ but they still would not believe. The Bryston sounded better. Even a 20yr old 2B 2x60w sounded better. It is good to see some of these old hands have tried and DID notice or PRESUMED a difference, hence a purchase of some these expensive HIFI products.

Perhaps you can elaborate on that Saturn.
Exactly who has supposedly 'seen the light'?

Personally i'm looking at buying an amp, not for upgraditis reasons but for an entirely new system.
I've still heard no quality difference between this Coda amp (a very high end by some standards since the thing cost near 4 grand) an older Robertson (60w/ch) or my Onkyo. The only difference has been with signal sensitivities.
We even tried a blind cable exchange some months ago. Generic boxed cables vs. Ultralink vs. AR Masters. I guess by some other's standards though these cables are all too "low end" to sound any different.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."