I had the pleasure of visiting the local Home Theater Store's "special" HT room a few days ago. It's the room they keep locked to prevent people from wondering in without being accompanied by an employee. The room itself was done in a Greek theme with a rolled vaulted celing with fiber optic stars and it was all automated-screen,lights, velvet curtians, etc.

In the rear of the room was a built in rack with all McIntosh gear. I immeadialely started to drool when I saw the familiar blue lighted logo. The speakers were B&W(high end series) all around including the sub.

The lights dimmed the curtian pulled back and the front projector flicked on and I was treated to a demo disk featuring Titan A.E. My jaw dropped to the floor! I expected it to sound good but what I heard was nothing short of amazing. I've always thought that I have pretty good gear but what I heard in that room made me realize that I will never be able to own a theater of that calibur of sound and sight unless I hit the lotto.

My point is: that day I heard a difference. I don't know if it was the amps, processor, speakers, me being awestruck, room, wire or all of the above. So now, as freesey says, I aspire to be rich.

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.