Originally Posted By: wid

The last few years I have smoked my turkey. It is the best way too eat turkey imo. This year I think I'll try a brine of some sorts.

Brined Turkey = Awesome.

A couple of years ago my wife decided she wanted to brine the Thanksgiving turkey. It was a bit of work. It involved a lot of soaking in a couple of different pungent brines (I think), in a large container that had to stay in the fridge for a couple of days. And then there was a step that involved hand-massaging butter under the turkey's skin. It was a lot of prep-work for "just a turkey". A lot of puttering about in the kitchen to put it all together.

The end results were - honestly - stunning. It was the best turkey I've ever had. Our guests & family agreed, and the quantity of turkey consumed seemed reinforce that it wasn't just being nice. Incredibly moist and delicious. We ate leftovers off that turkey for days, and no one complained. It was so good, we've even done it again at other, non-Thanksgiving times of the year.

If you need a specific brining recipe, I can talk to my wife. I'm sure she's got it.

Though this year, no brined-turkey for us. We decided to head to Florida for the week. Get away from the dreary midwestern pre-winter greyness. Just the wife & I. No family ruckus. Our intentions are to have gulf-coast seafood for Thanksgiving diner, surrounded by palm trees and beach, overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. \:\)

Last edited by PeterChenoweth; 11/16/09 09:47 PM.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office