Welcome, Chris....

1) The M80 and M60 both have very good bass, with the M80 having more noticeable support than the M60s. Any of the bookshelf speakers really would need more support(ie subwfr) for the type of music you mentioned, as well as for movies although any speaker(including full range towers) would still benefit from the LFE found in most movies. Not sure about the 4 ohm load on that particular receiver, this may make the M60 the better choice.

2) VP100 is fine

3) I'm sure you already have read that Axiom speakers are revealing, if you play poorly recorded material...you'll hear it. On the other hand, decently recorded material will put a smile on your face from ear to ear...

4) Most people who choose Axiom's do so because of their accuracy at reproducing music/movies without colouring the sound. It's more of a personal preference thing, but I would not classify Axiom speakers as "bright"....perhaps "revealing", but again, some people may actually prefer a more recessed speaker with a less forward high end but will sacrifice some of the detail at higher fq's. I would agree with your assessment on the M60/VP100, I think this would work best for you and if you enjoyed the Paradigm sound then it's almost assured you'll like the Axiom sound IMO.

If you are able to, try to audition some Axioms either at the plant, if you are close enough, or checking the "hearing things" thread to see if someone can help you out.

Half of communication is listening. You can't listen with your mouth.