I think the m60 and vp100 will be fine. The m80 or m22 would work great as well but if you are not adding a sub right away I would stick with the tower speakers for sure. As mentioned, the m60 might be a little better for compressed/ poorly recorded music. Also I don't think pioneer is one of the brands typically suggested by axiom for use with the m80's, although I am sure it would be OK, especially at "normal" listening levels.

Are you considering adding surrounds? If not maybe you should add surrounds before you purchase a center channel. A common upgrade path for folks building a HT system a little at a time is fronts->surrounds->center->sub (the sub doesn't have to wait until last). As mentioned you shouldn't rule out a sub just because you are in a townhome.

You can check the "hearing things" forum and see if there is anyone in your area who could audition their system so you can get an idea of the axiom sound. However, if you are close to the factory you should consider a road trip.

Don't forget if you purchase from the factory outlet section of the website you will save 10% on all speakers, but the wait time is generally 3-4 weeks.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the forums@

-David