thanks guys,

In my particular case, I'm playing with the new Trinnov. Here's a link to someone chatting about it: http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/Sherwood-Newcastle-R-972-7-1-Channel-A-V-Surround-Receiver.shtml excerpt:"I hesitate to use the word "magic" -- this is, after all, based on solid acoustical science -- but I'm rather mystified by how natural the Trinnov Spatial Modes sound. It genuinely sounds like my front speakers are more than a foot to the left and right of their actual locations. The soundfield as a whole doesn't come off as even slightly processed."

I may go as Dr. House and keep it off, but it could be cool and I definetelty plan to play with it. However, back to origional question: which is not so much, is room correction good or bad, but does room correction work with the QS4's. I'd like some sense of result before I order.

Adrian - you mentioned some benefit from Audyssy - is that with QS4 or QS8's? Did you have any trouble getting a "read" on test tones coming from those speakers?