thanks guys...

point of clarification - yes - the room correction I'm talking about is where you have a microphone and your AV unit is programmed to send out a series of sounds. The unit them analyses sounds and offers you the option to pre-process your output so that after coming out of speakers and bouncing around your room, they sound closer to the engineer's intended reproduction.

I raised the question because I've hear of one guy who commented he was having an issue with Trinnov bring able to get an accurate "read" on the output of his di or bi pole surrounds. ClubNeon provided some good information --- the chirp, coupled with what may be Trinnov's better accuracy (i.e. lower tolerance for accepting a confusing signal) may make this challenging. But I'm getting ahead of myself - I don't want to pass judgement yet - although years in development - this is such a brand new unit that Neon and I may be talking about the same guy's experience... too small a sample obviously.

As a seller of both the newcastle and obviously favoring multi-pole design for their surrounds, hopefully the Axiom folks can do some testing and chime in on this pairing soon.