I didn't realize this question would bring on so many response, thanks all for your input!

I learned a bit more about trinnov, and why any di-pole / bi-pole speakers could be misread by the series of mics that unit uses.

Someone also had great advice in saying don't let the audio correction tech dictate the choice of speakers.

But all in all, in not sure I'm much further ahead. I could certinaly be wrong, but I think Trinnov's going to be a whole new league - and I'd like to have the option to use it when appropriate. BUT, I also want the highly praised attributes that the QS speakers will surely bring to my less than ideal room.

The r-972's on the way now - finally - so I'll first focus on learning its cababilities before I get surrounds speakers - and hopefully, in time, I'll be able to get some more feekback on how trinnov operates with bi-poles (if at all) before I have to make a decision.

hmmm.. maybe a future software firmware trinnov upgrade will let you designate that bi-poles are in use, and it could modify its reading technique to "protect" itself against getting confised by numerious incoming sound waves... hint - hint.. ?