The Archos 9!
Very pretty. A tad heavy, but not that much considering it IS a full blown computer (not an iFad). Performance is oriented towards graphics. The CPU only rates at 1.3 and memory at 2.3. But the rest is between 3.8 and 4.2, which is quite acceptable.

My app is running quite nicely on it. I had actually got the dimensions right at the pixel! (the task bar is not fixed under Win7, but varies with screen res and Aero options).

I have not played long with. It is sweet as long as applications don't use tiny buttons and controls. Scroll bars are a pain. BUT, I have to admit I haven't looked much to see if things can be configured. The built-in optical mouse (used by moving your tumb over an IR thingy) is not bad at all.

One major design flaw: the power cable is bottom right, preventing to hold the device when plugged in. Since this is not a battery friendly computer (4-5 hours), it is a bit annoying. It will depend a lot on how I finally actually use it.

I did not receive the IR/RS-232 IO controller today. It has been stuck at customs since Tuesday. It better be here on Monday! Part of me is glad it did not arrive today as it will force me to complete the client/server infrastructure and finish the squeezecenter "watchdog" this weekend. I feel like a beer coming...

3 pictures: One with my camera's flash on to see the size (nice and large without being overly so), and two without.

EDIT: Now that I have the device, I will be revisiting buttons placement. I will likely put all "up/down/left/right" + keypads to the right side to be used by the left hand... no, the right one...

Last edited by EFalardeau; 01/29/10 11:20 PM.

See Mojo's signature