Originally Posted By: EFalardeau
Quick update on this (before I announce I am moving to Siberia to spare me the threat of visitors! \:\) ).

I have now used my new fully functional "Smart Playlist" and it is hard to remember life before that! Apart from a few glitches here and there once or twice per evening (none in the past two days), it is working well beyond my hopes. I was aiming for that, but I was really afraid as manually (and using the Harmony 890's jukebox functions), my rate of success was less than 50%. Now it's 100%.

Since Tuesday, I don't even check what is going on. I just build my playlist and start reading or watch hockey in simulcast and just enjoy the music, regardless if it CD or SACD. I have implemented all the "look ahead" functions so sometimes I build my playlist to swap neatly between players to avoid waiting 30 seconds between disk changing once in a while, but I don't bother anymore. Optimization happens if it can happen, otherwise, 30 seconds is not enough to make me worry about it (I do have an "Optimize" to move things around if I feel like pressing it when I build the playlist).

NOW TODAY!

I used the IR-learner connected to my second GC-100's serial port (that one a 6") and it only took me a few hours to have a fully integrated RF Harmonry 890. The IR-learner is not as good as the IR-extender because it takes about a second to "optimize" the IR and often sends 2-3 codes to the computer using different carriers when the signals are too short for their algo to be certain. So there is a small sluggishness for now, but it is only noticeable when using cursor keys.

To problem my "CEF Remote" activity, I added a "dummy" device (one that I knew had a huge number of discrete codes), frequently referred to here as a "Denon 3808" :). Then I created an "FM Radio" activity and mapped 6 pages of buttons (8 per-page) containing all the unary operations of the remote server. Works great!

I'm pretty close to be done with functionality and then I should be able to take a few pictures and prepare screen shots tomorrow or Monday.

I'm going to put a GC-18 in my rack when I get done with the speakers and servers, now I just need a remote I like with the feedback from the gear ... All have good parts but none have it all ,,, well at least the harmony's .. which have the best interface .. tried them all 880, 890, one or two before that, 900, 1100 and the ? Masster something 500

Last edited by wordgasm; 03/07/10 01:28 AM.

Fronts/Wides:M22s in/on
Center:VP150/VP100 in/on
Hghts,SS,SR:QS8s
Sub:EP500
AVR:Onkyo 3008