Aaahhhh! I received the "IR learner" this PM and within 2 hours only I had scanned all my remotes (sometimes through the Harmony 890 to get the discrete codes for on/off of input selection missing on the orginal remotes). It took a while longer to get things to actually worked.

It was a bit discouraging until I realized the three devices that were working were the ones where the blaster is glued to the receiver (because of cross-product interference). The GC-100 seems to be very low powered (hence their offering of a "sold-separately" super blaster \:\) ). It looks a bit bad now because my older blasters don't stick anymore so good old (but visible) scotch tape had to be used!

So I am now using my remote network for everything now! Channel switching is 1.25 seconds compared to 12 seconds with 890... Not bad... During the weekend I will complete the SACD playing and split the equipment panels (which currently have ALL the remote buttons) into "normal" and "advanced" tabs to make it nicer looking.

And then, after three weeks of back-order, I should receive the IR extender to receive the IR codes and also two clever sensors they sell (not cheap! \:\( ) allowing to use composite signals as sensors. That way, I will be able to detect the state of the PS3 and of one other device for which I only have power toggle. If they perform great, I might eventually use more than two, but at 60$ a piece... they are pushing it a bit...

Anyway! At last, getting to move forward on this!

See Mojo's signature